Sunday, August 16, 2009

A bit of practice

Bought a new monitor (my first LCD monitor by the way), so I've been checking out how it feels like working on it (jumping straight from my own old 15" CRT to this brand new 19" TFT - the level of detail observed on that larger surface, and the warmth of the color were impressive; also it gave me an excuse to play a bit more with my tablet (cheap Genius one - I guess there's no need for more because I suspect the issue about all the tablets is precession (and the limitations are basically in us humans - in our hands and eyes) - and for that you MUST zoom in on the picture while outlining)).

So - here it is - a bit of Transformers fan art made by me - fresh out!


You see the phases, and then the picture with ofsetted layers of the phases so there are all shown in one picture.
You can really feel how actually important the shading phase is.

Resolution for all of them is 800x600 pixels, so you might want to click on them to view the full version.

I'm thinking to make 800x600 a standard resolution for the cartoon frames, as it's just above the PAL resolution (768x576 pix.), so it capacitates PAL quality of the picture... and also it's a nice round number...
Of course the bigger the picture the greater the quality, but then it also takes more memory (and when you multiply it with the number of frames -- you talking gigabytes), so this is quite optimal.

1 comment:

  1. Nice use of shading and coloring there. Takes a sketch into a nice picture of OP.

    ReplyDelete